“We Launch Leaders of Social Ventures”
The Mason Center for Social Entrepreneurship identifies, prepares, and empowers the next generation of social entrepreneurs. Our role is to:
- Leverage the formative years of the university experience to connect emerging social entrepreneurs to one another and to their peers at other institutions and organizations;
- Inspire student leaders – from every discipline of study, and career path – to channel their talents and passions into the work of social entrepreneurship;
- Create and nurture intensive, cohort-based, cross-disciplinary educational spaces that link theory and research with practical and applied learning that benefits real people in real communities;
- Mobilize a vital network of mentors, role models, educators, and current social entrepreneurs from all sectors to support and extend the work of future social entrepreneurs; and
- Connect emerging social entrepreneurs to their communities of interest, and/or their communities of origin, in mutually beneficial and sustainable ways.