Are you interested in social entrepreneurship? Doing research in the field? Teaching a course that touches on the topic? Advising a social venture or considering launching one yourself? There are many ways our Center can support your efforts, expand the platform for your work and inspire you to achieve even greater impact:
- Peer Support. Starting a new organization? Thinking about it? Join StartUp Mason, a peer-to-peer entrepreneurship learning group for students, faculty, staff and community members members.
- Get Inspired. Our Center sponsors or co-sponsors multiple conferences throughout the year, including the Accelerating Social Entrepreneurship series. Each year we honor individuals who have made significant contributions to advancing social entrepreneurship, demonstrated a measurable impact in fostering social change, and displayed exemplary leadership in the field of social innovation. Meet our Social Innovation Champion award winners and nominate your favorite innovator. On Campus Speaker & Film Series brings prominent speakers from the social entrepreneurship field to George Mason University throughout the academic year. We hope to see you in the audience.
- Inspire Others. Are you a George Mason University faculty member and an experienced public speaker eager to share your knowledge about the field of social entrepreneurship beyond your classroom? Let us help make the connections to speaking opportunities for you. Join our Speakers Bureau.
- Teach. Do you teach a course on social entrepreneurship or a course every aspiring social entrepreneur should take? Make sure it is included in our Social Entrepreneurship Course list - a key resource for student innovators. Thinking about adding sessions on social entrepreneurship to an existing course or creating a new course relevant to social entrepreneurs, perhaps for our new Masters Degree in Social Entrepreneurship students? Our staff and faculty experts can help you.
- Add a Service-Learning Component to Your Courses. Want to enhance your students’ learning experience through hands-on community involvement? Look no further than AVAIL, our online platform. It lets you easily tag volunteer opportunities relevant to your courses and source service-learning projects for your students.
- Consult. Are you an entrepreneurial innovator? Do you want to consult with more innovative social ventures? We frequently get requests for fee-based consulting and capacity-building projects from universities, social enterprises, not-for-profits, governments and private companies. Join our team of Social Innovation Professionals.