Are you a college or graduate student interested in changing the world? There are many ways our Center can help you pursue your dreams, launch a venture or simply learn more about social entrepreneurship:
- Learn. Spend your summer gaining the skills and network successful social entrepreneurs need. Our Social Innovation Program, an intensive six week summer institute, prepares top undergraduates and recent college graduate for roles as future social entrepreneurs through a combination of academic coursework and hands-on team-based training. Admission to the program is open to students from around the world. We are currently accepting applications for our 2012 program. Apply by March 29.
- Practice. Apply to be part of Social Venture Consulting (SVC), a George Mason University student organization that provides pro bonoconsulting services to nonprofits serving the local and global community during the school year.
- Get Support. Starting a new organization? Thinking about it? Join StartUp Mason, a peer-to-peer entrepreneurship learning group for students, faculty, staff and community members who are launching, or want to launch, new ventures.
- Study. Our new Masters degree in Social Entrepreneurship Enrollment begins immediately for the Fall 2012 semester. If you’ve always dreamed of traveling with sensei-like faculty on an interdisciplinary path to becoming a social enterprise black belt, your dream has come true. We welcome applicants from around the globe and from all undergraduate majors for this two-year program. Only a handful of universities in the world offer a graduate degree in Social Entrepreneurship. Not yet ready for the Master’s? Enroll in one of the social entrepreneurship courses at Mason.
- Get Inspired. Our On Campus Speakers Series brings prominent speakers from the social entrepreneurship field to George Mason University throughout the academic year. All events are open to George Mason students, and many are open to the public. We hope to see you in the audience.
- Network. Our Center sponsors or co-sponsors multiple conferences throughout the year, including the Accelerating Social Entrepreneurship series. Attending these conferences is a great way to meet and network with both leaders in the field and like-minded students from throughout the DC metropolitan area. Keep an eye on the blog on the front page of our website for the latest about conferences.
- Volunteer. Want to have an immediate impact on a community you care about? Eager to test those theories of social change you’ve been studying? Looking for service-learning opportunities? Look no further than AVAIL, our ground-breaking online platform that categorizes volunteer and service-learning opportunities by skill set and field of interest.